- RSS Channel Showcase 6695180
- RSS Channel Showcase 4200059
- RSS Channel Showcase 9242942
- RSS Channel Showcase 1678800
Articles on this Page
- 07/30/17--09:18: _Worth repeating
- 08/23/17--13:07: _Timing as they say,...
- 08/26/17--12:38: _Someone should say,...
- 08/27/17--13:15: _A Navy Mishap you p...
- 08/28/17--12:30: _Food post
- 09/02/17--12:10: _It would seem I am ...
- 09/04/17--12:53: _Speaking of Labor Day
- 09/06/17--13:14: _Words you can alway...
- 09/22/17--00:44: _Whirlwind
- 10/01/17--11:51: _Home for awhile and...
- 10/02/17--12:31: _273rd verse, same a...
- 10/03/17--13:24: _Only I get to cross...
- 10/06/17--03:23: _Still crazy after a...
- 10/08/17--00:54: _False Religion
- 10/09/17--02:19: _A leprosy spreading...
- 10/10/17--12:56: _Let the beatings co...
- 10/15/17--11:20: _Out and about…….
- 10/21/17--13:14: _Ramsau bei Berchtes...
- 07/30/17--09:18: Worth repeating
- 08/23/17--13:07: Timing as they say, is everything.
- 08/26/17--12:38: Someone should say, “I told you this would happen!”
- 08/27/17--13:15: A Navy Mishap you probably did not hear about.
- 08/28/17--12:30: Food post
- 09/02/17--12:10: It would seem I am not the only one that thinks so…..
- 09/04/17--12:53: Speaking of Labor Day
- 09/06/17--13:14: Words you can always use…..
- 09/22/17--00:44: Whirlwind
- 10/01/17--11:51: Home for awhile and glad of it.
- 10/02/17--12:31: 273rd verse, same as the first.
- 10/03/17--13:24: Only I get to cross those lines
- 10/06/17--03:23: Still crazy after a couple of years….
- 10/08/17--00:54: False Religion
- 10/09/17--02:19: A leprosy spreading across the globe….
- 10/10/17--12:56: Let the beatings continue…..
- 10/15/17--11:20: Out and about…….
- 10/21/17--13:14: Ramsau bei Berchtesgarden
I am currently in the middle of a trip to the Whining States of America. Part for personal reasons and partly for business. It’s a busy itinerary, so posting is probably going to be light. I have noted with interest the sacking of Reince Priebus and his replacement by General Kelly. More to follow on [...]
And these last three weeks were excellent ones to be unplugged from the world, so to speak. The S.O. and I spent time touring the Netherlands and then to really have some fun, we climbed on board this fine beauty for two weeks: We took a cruise up to the North of Europe, Norway specifically [...]
Because back in the early 2000’s there were plenty of folks who warned us bad things would happen to the US Navy. And now in 2017 and the nearby years before, those very bad things have happened. Especially the tragic incidents on the USS Jonh McCain and USS Fitzgerald. That is a frightening picture. Especially [...]
The news was pretty well saturated over the last couple of weeks. What with Charlottesville, the firing ( well-deserved) of Steve Bannon, the collision of USS John McCain and President Trump’s incredibly tone deaf responses to all of those happenings, you may not have had a chance to notice this little tidbit of news. A [...]
Among the more interesting things I get to do is try new foods in my travels. I travel to Israel about 4 times per year. Every time I go, I try the Israeli egg dish, Shakshuka. Unfortunately, at most breakfast buffets, it has gotten congealed from being left under a heat lamp-and thus, a lot [...]
Who has strong feelings about the Navy’s declining emphasis on operational proficiency and training to do important things. Some better men than me are saying much the same thing. The obsession with “relevancy” and “transformation”-coupled with the “zero defects” mentality of the current Navy; namely that everyone should get fired over everything-has led to bad [...]
It’s a good day to remember the hard working people in America who: 1) Don’t get to celebrate Labor Day on May 1st like the rest of the world, 2) despite low unemployment are not seeing wage increases and 3) some of whom have to work at some really lousy workplaces. Like this woman: You [...]
At work, or at home. Happy Birthday, Jane Curtin!
It’s been a busy couple of weeks. The Friday after Labor Day, I boarded a plane for California, Los Angeles to be specific to do work out on the west coast for a week. I left early because I wanted time to adjust to the time change and also to take the opportunity to revisit [...]
It was a long week down in the land of milk and honey, but got back Friday and have spent the week recuperating. The days were long and I logged a lot of miles around Yisrael. Speaking of roads, I had to get out on Friday instead of staying to hit the long ball because [...]
I had planned to write some more about my trip. But as has so often been the case this year and last-I woke up to yet another incident of domestic terrorism. The worst mass shooting yet in America. Yet another disgusting commentary on America’s inability to better itself as a nation. Once again, it’s time [...]
Today its one day later. The usual suspects have come out of hiding, to trot out the same old lame excuses as to why nothing can be done. But never, did I think the purveyors of them would try to lay them on the S.O.’s doorstep. Yet, in yet one more tribute to how low [...]
That would be Scott Adams. Aging artist of the Dilbert comic strip who has turned into a brain-dead slug and all around reprehensible person. At least we can take solace in the fact that more and more people are coming to understand how loathsome he is, as both a political prognosticator and as a human [...]
Several years ago, a member of the so-called “front porch” attacked me for saying that, “all in all I considered service in the Navy a fair trade. I wanted to fly and see the world, and the Navy made good on both promises. That was why I served.” This person went on to essentially scream at [...]
Lost in the noise about Trump’s self -congratulatory tour of Puerto Rico, Congress letting health insurance expire for 9 million children, the suffering of the people of Puerto Rico, Russia investigations and the Secretary of State quite correctly calling the President what he is, was this news item: WASHINGTON — Three United States Army Special [...]
I use a news aggregator called IG Home, which allows me to create pages with links to stories, arranged by subject. It works very well-especially since I am the one who sets it up allowing me to see a cross-section of news and events. So imagine my surprise when I scanned this little gem: I [...]
The weather in Germany these past two days has been glorious, in sharp contrast to the misery that is going on across the Atlantic in the land of my birth. I’ve got plenty to say on the selfishness and cruelty that the orange asshole is inflicting on America, but as they say, there is always [...]
There is a LOT to talk about, most particularly Mr. Kelly’s abomination of a press conference on Thursday. He should have stayed away from the microphone and heeded some good advice about his boss. It’s practically a saying from the old country: If you elect a raging sociopath with a dead soul, don’t be surprised [...]